Wednesday, December 9, 2009

#best09 challenge...

Still playing Gwen Bell's The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge. Today's topic...something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?

A real challenge of mine over the year, was a colleague of mine whom I admire, time after time leaving me feeling horrible. So recently I made a very conscious decision to stay away, you know, like I was allergic. No hard feelings - do people hate nuts, dairy, wheat, etc. just because they can't eat them?? - not out of fear, just allergic. And just like that I was protected from the elements - like I was wearing Wonder Woman bracelets - like a superhero!

The thing that made it the best challenge of the year was that I took it. I didn't hide from it or be overwhelmed by it. I worked out a solution, and went with it. I looked out for myself, in such a healthy and mature way. There is only good to come of this.

respect. reclaim. revitalize. your space. - Visual Girl

No comments: