Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good Enough...

I was just watching an innocent game of horseshoes, and was struck by the uniqueness of the game in it's close-enough-is-good-enough ideology.

Perhaps surprising to some, many people who struggle with clutter issues are perfectionists. And finding their own reality so far from their idea of perfection, they become overwhelmed and paralysed to do anything, widening the gap even further. As a professional organizer, I find that time and time again, the most important role I play is bridging that gap, or eliminating it all together - paradise!

While I wholly disagree with the "just for now" mentality, which to me is just another way of saying "this is not how this should be", "this is not where it should go", or simply "this is wrong", I do believe in cutting yourself a little slack, and getting it good enough. You will be surprised where it will take you - maybe even win you a game of horse shoes!


reclaim. respect. revitalize.

Visual Girl

No comments: